The Parma Historical Museum is located in the Parma Town Hall complex at 1300 Hilton Parma Corners Road (Route 259), North entrance. The museum is operated by the Town of Parma Historians Office and the Parma Hilton Historical Society.
Hours: Sunday 2pm -4pm Apr 1st -Nov 30th. Closed Holiday weekends. Individual & Group Tours available by appointment. Call (585) 392-9496. Admission is free.
The museum displays are varied and tell the story of turn of the 19th & 20th century life in Parma & Hilton N.Y. Our early General Store Display includes the post office, pharmacy and general merchandise for sale during the era. Our Agricultural display includes the farming implements used, Black Smith Shop, as well as a dedicated area for the apple industry history. This includes a Smithfield Canning Works display. The one room school scene represents artifacts and history of various schools throughout Parma and Hilton. Our Native American exhibit has actual artifacts, tools and taxidermy which the Parma Hilton Historical society members use for presentations at our local schools. Large Early maps of Parma are displayed for visitors to enjoy and search for pioneer homestead locations in Parma.
We depict home life in Parma using four display areas, Kitchen, Parlor, Bedroom and Sewing. Early photographs were used to insure the displays represent an actual parlor setting. We challenge visitors to identify which items in the photos are actually in our display. The Bedroom features an early Rope bed & Trundle with coverings produced in mid 19th century by Parma residents. Additional early Quilts made in Parma are also shown. Our kitchen features the Kerosene stove, Ice Box, Butter Churns, Hoosier and all the various implements used during the era. The Sewing room offers a unique look at Spinning, sewing, and knitting machines from the turn of the century and earlier.
We offer displays representing Local Artists renderings, Hobbies of residents such as wood carving and metal detection finds. An operating model of an 1895 Machine shop powered by Steam engine is the featured piece.
There is an extensive tribute area for Parma Veterans of Civil War, WWI and WWII. Artifacts from each war era are displayed.
Our museum building is located within the Parma Park property at 1300 Hilton Parma Corners road. Using the north entrance to the park follow road left to the facility opposite the playgrounds. The Museum is open Sundays 2-4pm from April 1st thru Nov. 30th and is free to the public. Tours of the museum other than Sundays may be scheduled by contacting the Historian or Curator office at 392-9496, or email to email@example.com. You will find interesting books & gifts for purchase in or gift shop. Members of the Parma Hilton Historical Society staff and maintain the museum.
The Museum is open every Sunday (except holidays) from 2 PM until 4 PM from April 1st thru November 30th. Admission is FREE. Donations are appreciated. Free tours of the museum can be arranged by advance appointment. Please call 585 392-9496 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Anyone wishing to donate vintage artifacts, documents or local photographs please contact the Curator, Jim Stilson. All contributions to the Historical Museum are tax deductible.
The Parma Historian’s office is also located in the Parma Historical Museum building
*The old “Parma Meetinghouse Museum of Memories” located on Parma Center Road was built in 1844 as the Parma Center Presbyterian Church. The building has been closed for viewing. Most of the historic collection has been moved to the Parma Historical building.
Location: North Entrance to Parma Park
1300 Hilton Parma Corners Rd.
Hilton, New York 14468
Phone: (585) 392-9496
Hours of Operation:
Sunday 2pm. to 4pm. April 1st – November 30th. Closed Holidays.
Work hours are often Monday and Tuesday mornings and you may find us open at that time.
Group Visits by appointment.
Call Museum (585)392-9496.